Structures Specialist Regional Training Class
Jul 26 & 27, 2014
Time: Saturday 0750 thru 1800 and Sunday 0800 thru 1300
- This training qualifies as Continuing Education training as recommended by the StS Position Description, and is the first delivery of a new curriculum
- Training is designed to provide a refresher in Hazard Assessment, Monitoring Planning & Practice, Structure Repair Techniques, and Shoring Size-up/Design. Also modules on Tunnel Collapse Awareness and Post Disaster Bridge Damage Awareness will be presented.
- Training Mission is to provide two days of individual intensive hands-on training
- Space will be limited to maximize hands-on field training and insure Mission success
- Class tuition is free (Meals, Lodging & Travel must be covered by Task Force, Agency, or Students)
- Transportation is required from & to the airport, as well as to & from the training site.
City of Riverside Fire Dept./CA-TF6 Training Site 3085 Saint Lawrence St, Riverside, CA 92504, (951)826-5827
- Laptop Computer, Calculator, Crosby Card, Notebook, & Tape Measure.
- 1 set of StS Forms & FOG.
- Task Force Nikon NPL-352 Total Station and tripod (1 per team of two students)
- Attire is Official Task Force BDUs and/or Task Force T-Shirt as well as standard PPE (Helmet & Boots)
- Saturday 0750 to 1200 - Hazard Assessment & Monitoring & Tabletops, plus Discussion of Structure Repair Techniques.
- Saturday 1230 to 1800 - Weight Calculation Field Exercises & Monitoring Review & Field Exercise, followed by Shoring Size-up/Design Tabletop.
- Sunday 0800 to 1230 - Tunnel Collapse Awareness, and Post Disaster Bridge Damage Awareness.
- Sunday 1230 to 1300 - New info, Case Study, Unit Logs
- On Saturday an optional $10 Box Lunch w/drink will be available.
- The Mission Inn, 3649 Mission Inn Ave, Riverside, CA 92501
- $86 Govt. Rate (tax excl.)
- Additional guest in rooom is $15/nite
- Group Name: Corps-FEMA US&R Training
- (951) 784-0300, 800-843-7755
- Cutoff date is July 10, 2014
- 17miles from Onterio Airport (ONT)
- 37 miles from John Wayne, Orange Co. Airport (SNA)
- 2 miles from Training Site
For additional information, please contact: