Structures Specialist Regional Training Class
Apr 12 & 13, 2014
Time: Saturday 0730 thru 1800 and Sunday 0730 thru 1300
- This training qualifies as Continuing Education training as recommended by the StS Position Description, and is the first delivery of a new curriculum
- Training is designed to provide a refresher in Hazard Assessment, Monitoring Planning & Practice, Structure Repair Techniques, and Shoring Size-up/Design. Also modules on Tunnel Collapse Awareness and Post Disaster Bridge Damage Awareness will be presented.
- Training Mission is to provide two days of individual intensive hands-on training
- Space will be limited to maximize hands-on field training and insure Mission success
- Class tuition is free (Meals, Lodging & Travel must be covered by Task Force, Agency, or Students)
- Transportation is required from & to the airport, as well as to & from the training site.
Phoenix Fire Dept./AZ-TF1 Training Site, 2430 S. 22nd Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85009
6 miles from Phoenix Airport, off I-10
- Laptop Computer, Calculator, Crosby Card, Notebook, & Tape Measure.
- 1 set of StS Forms & FOG.
- Task Force Nikon NPL-352 Total Station and tripod (1 per team of two students)
- Attire is Official Task Force BDUs and/or Task Force T-Shirt as well as standard PPE (Helmet & Boots)
- Saturday 0730 to 1200 - Hazard Assessment & Monitoring & Tabletops, plus Discussion of Structure Repair Techniques.
- Saturday 1230 to 1800 - Weight Calculation Field Exercises & Monitoring Review & Field Exercise, followed by Shoring Size-up/Design Tabletop.
- Sunday 0730 to 1230 - Tunnel Collapse Awareness, and Post Disaster Bridge Damage Awareness.
- Sunday 1230 to 1300 - New info, Case Study, Unit Logs
- On Saturday an optional $10 Box Lunch w/drink will be available.
- Hilton Garden Inn, 3422 E. Elmwood St, Phoenix, AZ 85040
- $133 Govt. Rate (tax excl.)
- USACE Group
- (602) 470-0500
- Cutoff date is 19Mar2014
- 2 miles from airport off I-10
- 6 miles from Training Site
- Palomar Phoenix (Downtown)
- 2 E. Jefferson St., Phoenix, AZ 85004
- (480) 424-6091 for Govt. Rates
- No rooms on hold
For additional information, please contact: