Structures Specialist Regional Training - Nov9 & 10, 2019
Time: Saturday 0750 thru 1800 and Sunday 0800 thru 1300
- This training qualifies as Continuing Education training as recommended by the StS Position Description, and is the Sixth & Last delivery of a new, Version 5 curriculum
- Training is designed to provide a refresher in Buiding Hazard Assessment, Crane Chart Review & Detailed Bridge Assessment, Monitoring Planning & Practice, and Shoring Size-up/Design. Also modules on Trench Collapse Awareness, and Introduction to the new GPS Icon System will be presented.
- Training Mission is to provide two days of individual intensive hands-on training
- Space will be limited to maximize hands-on field training and insure Mission success
- Class tuition is free (Meals, Lodging & Travel must be covered by Task Force, Agency, or Students)
- A Box Lunch will be provided for Saturday at the cost of $15 per student.
- Transportation is required from & to the airport, as well as to & from the training sites.
- Virginia Beach Fire Training Ctr (VA-TF2)
- 927S. Birdneck Rd.
- Virginia Beach, VA 23451
- POC Richard Brown
- 757-376-7610 (CELL)
- Virginia Task Force Office/Warehouse
- 513 Viking Drive, Suite 9
- Virginia Beach, VA VA 23542
- POC Richard Brown
- Laptop Computer, Calculator, Crosby Card, NotebookFieldbook, & Tape Measure.
- 1 set of StS Forms & FOG.
- Task Force Nikon NPL-352 Total Station and tripod (1 per team of two students)
- Attire is Official Task Force BDUs and/or Task Force T-Shirt as well as standard PPE (Helmet & Boots)
- Saturday 0750 to 1200 - Hazard Assessment & Monitoring & Tabletops, plus Review of Crane Charts & New Bridge Assessment Techniques & Form Use.
- Saturday 1230 to 1800 - Field Exercises that provide Total Station Training and StS working on Rubble Pile to estimate weights and positioning of cranes followed by a Shoring Size-up/Design Tabletop.
- Sunday 0800 to 1230 -Trench Collapse Awareness for the StS and Introduction to the GPS new Icon System.
- Sunday 1230 to 1330 - New info, Case Study, Unit Logs
Hotels/Alternates: Govt. Rate: $106,nt + tax
Main Hotel: Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
- 3737 Atlantic Ave,
- Virginia Beach, Va 23451
- Groop Rate ($99) may be booked at:
- Group Name: "US Army Corps Of Engineers" Booking Code:ACEG
- Room Block Expires 23 Oct 2019
Alternate: Spring Hill Suites, Virginia Beach Oceanfront 757-417-3982
- 901 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
- Group Name: USACE Rate: $99
- Expires: 18Oct2019
- USACE: Jeff Qunell, P.E. W: (415) 503-6616 C: (916) 502-4145 Jeffrey.J.Qunell@usace.army.mil
- Alternative: Alan Fisher P.E. (MA-TF1) C:(207) 415-7558 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternate 2: Dave Hammond, S.E. (CA-TF3) C: (650) 704-7069 email@example.com